Mississauga Library System
- Recreation in the Town of Port Credit, February 1973,
- A program for the development of the Port Credit
Harbour, prepared by E. J. Faludi and Associates, April 1960
- Preliminary report of the proposed amalgamation of the
Township of Toronto and the Village of Port Credit, October 23/1951
- Tour of Historic Port Credit, Port Credit Residents'
Association 1974, leaflet with map (2 copies)
- The Sunday Port Credit Burned, The Weekly, March
- Port Credit, your guide to friendly people (. . .),
- History of Port Credit, from: Landmarks of
Toronto (CAN R 917.13541042 ROB), 1 copy
- Port Credit - a Heritage Tour, pamphlet (2 copies)
- Sailors at work, Port Credit Harbour, photo
- Port Credit - postcard, early 1970s (?)
- Port Credit - photograph, early 1970s (?)
- Landmarks of Port Credit, from the Harry Warren
- Port Credit: A Community Study, by Margaret Leslie,
- Port Credit Beacon, vol. 1, issue 1, January 30/1987
vol. 1, issue 2, March 30/1987 vol. 1, issue 3, May 29/1987 vol. 1, issue 4,
July 24/1987 vol. 2, issue 2, February 1988 vol.2, issue 3, March 1988 vol.2,
issue 7, November 1988 vol.2, issue 8, Christmas 1988
- Port Credit News, October 17/1989
- By-law number 1227 of the Corporation of the Village of Port
Credit, 15 p.
- Memories 1983-84, W. J. Wood School
- 1st Annual Port Credit River Hooking Festival, July 8, 9,
10/ 1988, folder
- The History of Port Credit, by E. H. Firstbrook, 8 p.
- Port Credit before 1867, by Isobel K. Ganton, 16 p. (3
- Description of contents of Port Credit before 1867 by Isobel
- Heroes All - Port Credit is Proud of Them, Toronto
Daily Star, October 15/1918
- "Lest We Forget", Port Credit and Vicinity Soldiers'
Memorial - Ceremony of Dedication, November 9th 1925, program (2
- The Planning Game - Town of Port Credit,
Stark/Temporale Architects and Planners, n.d.
- Port Credit: Secondary Plan Study, Stark/Temporale
Architects and Planners, n.d.
- Replica Is Suggested, The Weekly, May 11/ 1964
- Family Histories, by Mrs. Ida Lynd Bradley (2
- Plan showing part of the Village of Port Credit (Land Fill
Project), Marshall, Macklin and Monaghan, Ontario Land Surveyor, December
- Plan of Subdivision of Water Lots 1 to 10 (. . .), n.d.
- Village of Port Credit - Water Works System - Report on
- Drainage Plan Area F' - Town of Port Credit
- Drawing No. 1 - Landscape plan of Centennial Garden and Park,
- Sketch showing easements required for proposed storm sewer
outlets - Town of Port Credit, April 1968 (2 copies)
- Village of Port Credit - Waterworks System, Proposed
Waterworks Intake, June 7/1960
- Town of Port Credit, Seneca Avenue, plan, n.d.
- Plan of the Town Plot of Port Credit, Showing the
Improvement upon each Lot since the Sale in 1835 and the Names of the
Occupants, 8 p. [Missing: see item #88 - fiche copy]
- Terms of reference for the study of Port Credit
Harbour, 15 p.
- City of Mississauga Polling Subdivisions Ward 8 (Port Credit),
- Plan showing part of the N. side of Toronto St. Falkner
Est. Port Credit, n.d.
- Sketch shewing North East of the River Credit, Toronto
Township, March 6/1913
- Perspective of landscape plan of Centennial Garden, for
Town of Port Credit, Ontario - George Tanaka, Landscape Architect,
March 31/1965, drawing and photo of the drawing
- By-law No. 1643 of the Corporation of the Town of Port
- Port Credit's Reception to Returned Soldiers, Civic Holiday
August 4th 1919, programme, 12 p. (photocopy)
- Port Credit Yacht Club is 50 years old, Mississauga
News, June 11/1986
- Once Port Credit Landmark Now Is Clarke Real Estate/
Mississauga Indians First Inhabitants of Port Credit, News -
- Busy Port Credit Harbour, The Weekly, July
- Port Credit Had First Phone In South Peel Back In 1881,
The Weekly 1965
- 6 photos (photocopies) of the Port Credit Harbour area,
- One page of two large photos of Port Credit in 1949 and 1973,
A. E. LePage [This item is missing.]
- Welcome to the Annual port Credit Ol' Sailors Hockey
Tournament, 1986,publicity booklet
- Schooner Lillie and Crew of the Schooner Lillie,
- Your Invitation to Port Credit, booklet, 1987
- Hooper's Pharmacy Served P. C. Area For Forty Years,
- Port Credit, Ontario, Canada - postcard
- City's first lighthouse cost $3,300 to built, by Marian
M. Gibson, Mississauga News, April 25/ 1993
- The Settlement of the Southern Part of Toronto
Township, by John Henderson, February 2nd, 1926, 9 p.
- Port Credit, from Illustrated Historical Atlas of
the County of Peel (CAN R 911.713535 POP)
- The Port Credit Yacht Club, periodical clipping, n.d.
- A beacon in the city, Mississauga Community
- The Weekly - Special Supplement, January 12/
1961 - copy of the newspaper
- Port Credit - Mississauga South - Provincial Directories
Buyer & Service Guide 1969
- Sketch of Part of lot 26 - Concession 2 S.D.S., Township of
Toronto, County of Peel
- Port Credit Villager, Winter 1993/ 94
- Say no to node, Mississauga News, December 12/
- Fun arts activities for everyone at Port Credit's annual
Riverfest, Mississauga News, June 15/ 1994
- News Release: Federal/City Agreement Starts Port Credit
Harbour Redevelopment, May 11/ 1994
- Port Credit Harbour - Then . . . Today, n.d.
- Port Credit Harbour - Financing, n.d.
- Map of Port Credit showing Port Credit Arena, Library,
Yacht Club, Legion, n.d.
- Port Credit 1981 - plan
- Light House - Port Credit, postcard donated by Mabel
- Cards listing sources of information on Port Credit and
- Port Credit Weekly, October 5/ 1950 [This item is
- Port Credit Celebrates 70 Years Of Excellence,
- The Birth of Port Credit March 15, 1909, from the
scrapbook of Mrs. W. Graham Gildner
- Credit Village Marina is opening May 17, 1997
- Port Credit Summer Theatre, July, August 1997,
- Story of the commercial and industrial development of Port
Credit and district, manuscript of talk given to Port Credit Rotary Club
Monday, February 25th, 1963, by C. R. Hamilton
- Port Credit Harbour: 1826 - 1857, Years of growth and
decay, by Don Waldie
- An article on Port Credit, Ontario, prepared for the
Encyclopaedia Americana by Mrs. Mary Johnson June, 1963
- The Town of Port Credit, published by the Port Credit
Junior Chamber of Commerce, directory, 1961
- Port Credit 1960, published by the Port Credit Junior
Chamber of Commerce, directory
- Hooked on Port Credit, May 1989, brochure
- A Monograph on the Grove Farm, Port Credit, by Anthony
- Port Credit, notes, October 1971
- The History of Port Credit, by E. H. Firstbrook,
- Plan of Shingle Beach Lot D, Town of Port Credit, March
30/ 1965 (4 copies)
- Plan of the Town Plot of Port Credit (3 copies - 2
paper copies, 1 microfiche)
- Certified copy of a Report of the Committee of the Privy
Council (. . .) on the 17th January, 1918, regarding proposed public roadway
running through the government property; Description of roadway to be
established over part of the property of the Department of Public Works in the
Village of Port Credit, Ont.; Plan accompanying report signed by District
Engineer - Proposed Road Port Credit, Ont.
- Letter to G. W. Gordon, Esq. Clerk & Treasurer of Port
Credit from the Department of Public Works, Office of the Secretary, re:
roadway through the government property, January 21/ 1918
- Card listing sources of information on Corktown, Port
- 1873 ledger shows liquor was cheap, Toronto
Star, June 11/1985
- The Corporation of the Village of Port Credit - list of
Reeves, D/Reeves, Councilors, Mayors, 1909 - 1973; inventory of municipal
- Council of the Town of Port Credit - photocopy of slide
description cards (M409 - M419, M454)
- Document by The Ontario Municipal Board, declaring the
Corporation of the Village of Port Credit into the Town of Port Credit, dated
May 12, 1960, 5 p.
- 1792 decision set destiny for port town, Mississauga
- Waterfront living in Mississauga : five phases at Port
Credit Village. Toronto Star, March 15, 2003
- Preserving Port Credit's past: old townsite closer to
becoming heritage conservation district. The Booster, June 11,
- Protect our neighbourhood, residents say : City moves to
Phase 2 of Port Credit heritage study. The Booster, December 10,
- Six cards listing various articles on medical practice in and
around the Port Credit area.
- Two postcards, ca 1990s, of Port Credit, published by Tri-Alpha
- Whats in store for Front St. S. ? Debate continues
about Old Port Credit Village. The Booster, April 7, 2004.
- Breathing new life into Port Credits waterfront parks
: plans include a reconstructed shoreline, heritage displays and a skateboard
park. The Booster, January 19, 2005.
- Port Credit history was built on water. Mississauga
News, February 9, 2005.
- Port Credit is at a crossroads, says discussion panel.
The Booster, June 8, 2005.
- How a volatile summer storm shaped Mississaugas
history. Mississauga News, October 12, 2005.
- The long, hard life of a breakwater. The Booster,
October 19, 2005
- The secret is out
Fram Building Groups and
Slokker Canadas vision for Port Credit Village is now a reality.
Mississauga News, June 24-26, 2006
- A breath of fresh urban air: a lakefront jewel banishes
cookie-cutter architecture in favour of exuberant, inviting design.
Globe and Mail, August 10, 2006
- Shoreline: the northshore newsletter, Volume 2, issue
- Dont read this unless you know how to keep a
secret. The Booster, July 18, 2007
- Report by M. D. Henderson, Treasurer and Chief Administrative
Office dated January 4, 1965, to the councils of the Town of Port Credit, the
Town of Streetsville, and the Township of Toronto. (2 copies)
- New $150,000 refinery will employ 25 hands: industrial
development means the reopening of a Harbor. Toronto Star, January
- Mississaugas historic lighthouse lives on in
memory. The Booster, December 5, 2007
- Fire, brimstone, bulldozers thats life on Front
Street. The Booster, June 6, 2007
- The wreck of the Pinta [a stonehooker]. The
Booster, June 4, 2008
- The fading survivor of Port Credits radial days.
The Booster, April 30, 2008
- New arena and a new team [Port Credit Memorial Arena].
The Booster, August 6, 2008
- Winning the cup - and losing the spirit [Port Credit
Sailors Lacrosse Team]. The Booster, August 13, 2006
- Remembering the Mary Ellis [stone hooker]. The
Booster, February 4, 2009
- Clifford, Taylors and Butlers, but no Valleys. [Former
telephone exchanges in Port Credit, Cooksville, and other areas of
Mississauga.] The Booster, April 22, 2009
- World-class Port Credit is born [Janet Ada Rosalie
Sheather, competitive swimmer]. The Booster, August 12, 2009
- Equal time for sister Muriel [Muriel Eva Marie
Sheather, aspiring Hollywood actress]. The Booster, August 19, 2009
- Brueckner's rhododendrons [Dr. Joseph Brueckner,
rhododendron grower, after whom Rhododendron Gardens is named]. The
Booster, September 16, 2009
- Royalty paid an unexpected visit [visit in 1926 of Queen
Marie of Romania and her son, Prince Nicholas to Toronto, during which they
made a stop at Port Credit railway station]. The Booster, November 18,
- Port Credit's history is six feet under [stonehooking].
The Booster, December 9, 2009
- Two bookmarks celebrating Port Credit's 175th anniversary
- Port Credit 175: an exhibit
- Remediation plan offers hope. Mississauga Business
Times, May 2011
- Plan will help shape Port Credit. Mississauga
Business Times, May 2011
- Zoning for innovation. Mississauga Business
Times, June 2011
- Postcard of Port Credit harbor
- Photocopy of report from Jarvis papers, Baldwin Room, Toronto
Public Library, S125 B63, from Robert Wells, dated September 26, 1843,
concerning the Village of Port Credit, donated to the Canadiana Collection by
Prof. Donald Smith.
- Retailers target Port Credit area. Mississauga
News, November 4, 2011
- Transit-oriented development case study: Port Credit
Village, Mississauga, Ontario. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation,
- Condo comes under fire. Mississauga News, March
- Infill development hits too close to home [Cumberland
Drive]. Mississauga News, August 24, 2012
- Port Credit residents want lower speed limit on street.
Mississauga News, November 16, 2012
- Envelope containing Port Credit Secondary School, 1920-1990,
70th Anniversary Reunion programme, Saturday, May 5, 1990 (3 copies)
- A Harbour vision for the ages. Mississauga Life,
issue no. 22, November/December 2013
- Preservation & progress. Spirit of the City,
- Port Credit Lawn Bowling Club celebrates 100th
anniversary. Mississauga News, February 26, 2014
- Shipwreck anchors in Port Credit. Spirit of the
City, May/June 2014
- Lawn bowling club to welcome Ontario's best. Mississauga
News, July 31, 2014
- History of Port Credit Lawn Bowling Club Incorporated,
- The Port Credit Cenotaph: their name liveth for
evermore, by Arthur P. Kennedy, BASc., P. Eng., former Director of Water
and Waste, Region of Peel
- Family deserves credit for visionary Port Credit
project. Toronto Star, August 23, 2014
- Letter dated August 27, 2014 to Dorothy Kew, Local History
Librarian, from Eldon McFadyen, Port Credit Lawn Bowling Club accompanying a
copy of a booklet on the history of the club.
- Let's regain, restore our industrial lands. Business
Times, July 2015
- Planning department approves framework for Imperial Oil
lands. Mississauga News, December 10, 2015
- Metrolinx finalizing plans for Port Credit Mobility Hub.
Mississauga News, February 4, 2016
- Port Credit marina could cost up to $50 million.
Mississauga News, February 11, 2016
- From ashes of disaster, an urban tree industry rises.
Mississauga News, March 24, 2016
- Putting the 'water' back in Port Credit's waterfront
dream. Mississauga News, June 23, 2016
- Closure of Port Credit No Frills will be 'catastrophic'.
Mississauga News, December 16, 2016
- Council approves 15-storey building in Port Credit.
Mississauga News, March 2, 2017
- Town of Port Credit official opening and dedication of
Centennial Gardens, July 1st, 1967
- The traffic is booming through Peel's busy port.
Mississauga News, July 12, 1967
- Port Credit redevelopment a 'game changer'. Mississauga
News, May 4, 2017
- Canada Lands donation is potential waterfront
breakthrough. Mississauga News, June 8, 2017
- Collector Gordon Hatten brandishes his love of Port
Credit. Mississauga News, August 3, 2017
- Fresh look for iconic Port Credit lighthouse.
Mississauga News, November 2, 2017
- Marina talks spark proposed policy on councillor
conduct. Mississauga News, December 7, 2017
- 'Port Credit is in transition and people are worried'.
Mississauga News, May 17, 2108
- Intensification's inevitable, so let's get it right
[opinion]. Mississauga News, May 24, 2018
- Port Credit pigs proved prize-winners in the 1930s.
Mississauga News, February 28, 2019
- What's going on here? Port Credit lighthouse.
Mississauga News, June 20, 2019
- Mississauga Waterfront Festival celebrated its 23rd
year. Mississauga News, June 20, 2019
- 72-acre development moves ahead, while residents' 'major
concerns' remain. Mississauga News, August 15, 2019
- Port Credit refinery redevelopment proves value of joint vision
[opinion]. Mississauga News, August 15, 2019
- Port Credit: Port Credit Village: a heritage tour
[brochure]. Heritage Mississauga, 
- Port Credit, Heritage Conservation District: a heritage tour
[brochure]. Heritage Mississauga,